Sunday, July 27, 2014

Fill Her Up

I’ve written a lot about transformation during the past year because I started working on that journey seriously in January. Yesterday I went shopping. It was an eye opener. After having lost 45 pounds, I found that my former haunts were no longer mine. Over the years I had gotten so accustomed to being a certain size and shape that automatically when shopping I gravitated towards the same sort of clothing.

Yesterday, I had to redirect myself away from the XL clothes, which would have bagged and dragged along after me. Instead, I headed to the size mediums—a huge breakthrough for me. In my past with the XL’s, my main goal was to find what covered me up the best. In some instances I had pushed past XL to a size XXL, so there was also a challenge to figure out which size I could actually fit. Generally at the XXL sixe, I would just leave the store to go find a store specializing in vanity sizing, wherein I could fit an XL. Now I’m no longer engaged in that sort of inner conflict. Still, I haven’t gone near a size medium in almost ten years yet that is my new size.

So, I stocked up on medium blouses at a thrift shop yesterday, knowing I’m still in transition and don’t want to invest in brand new clothing that will no longer fit in a few months. I received an additional pleasant surprise this morning when I found that my bra size had been reduced by a few sizes. Incredibly, I also discovered today that my jeans were down 5 whooping sizes since January. I'm feeling thankful I stored up all these clothes nearly a decade ago in plastic bins.




You all know that I had gone fishing for a while. When out and away from home it is easy to find excuses to return to your guilty pleasures. For me though, being very overweight is not a pleasure so I chose not to indulge in food. Instead, I enjoyed the fresh country air and wide array of bird songs found in the great outdoors. I also had a wonderful swim in the Atlantic Ocean. At night I saw more stars than I’ve seen in quite a while. Whereas once I would have found this point arguable, I figured out during my recent vacation that there are a lot more ways to get full than through stuffing myself with food.


Related posts: 

8 comments:

  1. May your journey of gaining lightness continue, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Susan! The journey is a long one but very worthwhile and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand what a major break through that is. We all have our weight issues and with this pressure of looking a certain size is increasing insanely.I am a foodie person I love to eat and sometimes very rarely when I deny myself froma high calorie dessert/snack I feel upset...really upset.
    NOt sure if its worth it after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I heard that! I'm a foodie too but these days I gorge on the Food Network and Cooking Channel (she says while sipping a cottage cheese and fresh fruit smoothie).

      Delete
  4. Ananya--thanks! I'm following you too!! Enjoy your visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did your challenge! It's up on my blog today. Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment. Buying new clothes after weight loss is SUCH an exciting feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Stephanie! I bet it felt good to take your time with this one. It's a lot of work but rewarding to connect in that way with your readers and fellow bloggers. I will check out your nominees later today. I did do a bit of thrift shopping and will probably limit myself to that as I have about 30 more pounds to go. Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete

Go ahead. Make my day by leaving a comment.