Skip to main content

Blogging Award




I’m not sure if you read the comment posted yesterday by Marci Koski, on my post, Striking Balance Through Tadasana? In it, she nominated me for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, in the kindest, most generous way. I am sincerely touched by her gesture. Moreover, I am appreciative that she included me in this wonderful group of readers and bloggers. How great is that--to be a part of a team? I gladly accept the award and want to share information on what it is all about, through today’s two posts. Thanks so much Marci, maven of Fuzzy Undertones.

Here are the rules for accepting this award:
  1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award needs to display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
  2. To accept, the Nominee must nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as I am doing.
  3. The Nominee is required to name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
  4. The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
  5. The Nominee must finish this sentence and place it somewhere in his/her acceptance post: “A great reader is…”

About the lovely readers and writers that I've nominated:

There are blogs that have an impact on your day. You wake up, perhaps during a lunch break or after work, you can’t wait to see what that blogger has posted. You may then mull over what they've said for quite a while. Somehow, they've reached out and through the blogosphere, popping into your life. You don’t want that engagement to end there, so you formulate a written response, in the form of a comment, and post it to their blog. Blogging is a community activity. Blogging doesn't work if you are all alone. As bloggers we are keen on communication, be it written or visual, through music and sound, meditative and poetic thoughts, humor or the arts and crafts.



Note to Award Nominees

Nominees, it’s up to you whether or not you accept this award because yes, there is a bit of busy work involved. It is not my attention to stress you out. Just the opposite, I want you to know that I think very highly of what you’re doing, appreciate your visits to my blog, and want to share you with my readers. It is totally up to you whether or not you want to accept this award and pay it forward to those you want to spotlight on your blog.  No worries, if you don’t want to accept the award—but please do accept my compliments, recognition of your labor of love and its impact on the blogging community! 

Visitors here will notice I've previously nominated some of these people for the Liebster Award.  Still, you can check out their current posts, since all they blog quite frequently. If you've been nominated by me for two separate awards, I guess that action speaks for itself, in terms of how much I appreciate what you’re doing.

Comments

  1. Lovely, lovely!!! Congrats, Stephanie - you totally deserve this award. Thank you for accepting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. Readers are awesome, aren't they? Without readers, we'd just be out here talking to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you totally Stephanie and thanks!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day by leaving a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Fest Interview and Sharing

When I first became a blogger it was difficult to know if I had readers and visitors coming to my blog. I’d post and be met by the sounds of crickets. Then, I branched out into the world of the blogosphere, a world I  didn't  know really existed. From my ventures, I met a lot of interesting bloggers.  I've  started following and commenting on numerous blogs, for you see, prior to my outings, I too was out among the crickets. Lurking about but seldom saying anything. A fellow blogger  I've  met through my journeys around the blogosphere is Melissa Maygrove . She had the brilliant idea to have a Follow Fest , where we share about who we are, what we do and most importantly, how you can connect with us further. It is my intention through joining Follow Fest, that I’ll connect with many more readers and people interested enough in what I do to want to learn more by following. So, here goes my entry for the fest. Name:   Stephanie Rose Bird Fiction or

Gran Bwa

Gran Bwa is a lwa that helps you connect to ancestral roots or the spiritual home of Vodou. A friend of mine, who is an expert on Haitian Vodou, who has spent a lot of time in Haiti with the artists there, told me I had painted Gran Bwa when I made this spontaneous work out of walnut ink and sumi-ink on handmade paper. I had considered this painting a self-portrait. She now holds this piece in her private collection: Quite a few people are afraid of Vodou but it is an awe-inspiring tradition of bringing together plant energy with divinity, spiritual and personal energy. My friend who is very involved with Vodou, especially the art that surrounds it, is from European ancestry. She is light in spirit and bubbly, with a close relationship to nature and her garden.  Vodou affirms the relationships between cycles of life, trees of knowledge and spirit.  The Vodou vision of lwa , understands them as the intelligence of energy present in humans, nature and thoughts.  Mysteries ca

Xochitl--Flower

                                     (Winter Poinsettia by Stephanie Rose Bird, oil on wood) One of my Facebook friends does daily posts and shares called "I love Flowers." I love flowers too, in real life, in my garden, in paintings and as they are related to the gods and goddesses, in healing, as well as their use in folklore like Hoodoo. Not long ago I posted about Xochipelli (Sho-CHEE-pee-lee) prince of flowers and Xochiquetzal (Sho-CHEE-ket-zul) goddess of flowers in anticipation of April's blooming season.  The Goddess and Prince of Flowers post  is here. Today, I want to focus in on the root word of their names and it's symbolism. This word is Xochitl (Show-CHEE-tul) in the Nahuatl language of the Aztecs. This word means flower.                                            ( Frida Kahlo "Self Portrait Dedicated to Dr. Eloesser) In many different belief systems there are nature gods and goddesses connected with flowers. Flowers possess symbolism,