The word “liebster” is of German origins and it has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend, being among them. Some describe this award as a daisy chain. You get nominated for the award and if you choose to accept, you get to nominate additional bloggers for the award. You answer their questions, the new bloggers nominated answer yours, and so the chain of happiness continues to grow and expand.
I am so happy to announce that my blog has been nominated by two people for this wonderful award. The bloggers who nominated me are Chrys Fey and Fil Campbell. A heartfelt thanks to both!
So, what is this all about? You may be wondering what the Liebster Award is right about now. Here is a description:
The Liebster Award Official Rules
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
*Shared from the Wording Well Blog:
My 15 year old son said this award sounds like the busy work he gets in school when a substitute comes in, LOL.
Here we go:
111 Questions asked of me by Chrys Fey:
1. If you were allowed to read books by only one author, who would it be and why?
Edgar Allan Poe. I like the dark worlds that he creates and the rhythms he hits with his use of words is mesmerizing. It would take a long time to tire from his work.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Flour-less chocolate cake
3. On a Friday night, what are you most likely to do?
Crash early from all the work I did Monday through Friday.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
I would stop laboring over things and be more happy go lucky.
5. Who is your favorite literary character?
My favorite literary character, the one who sticks with me to this day is Cellie from “The Color Purple.”
6. What is your biggest dream?
To travel to France and then travel through it.
7. What song could you listen to over and over again?
“At Last” Etta James
8. If your house were burning down, what would you take and why?
My family, pets, and photographs because they all mean a lot to me.
9. Who is your inspiration, your hero?
I am inspired by my ancestors. My heroes are my parents, grandparents and great grandparents.
10. What advice would you give your teenage self?
Be more patient; good things come in time.
11. If you were not in your current line of work, what would you be doing instead?
1. Do you have a ritual that you love?
Burning incense while invoking the goddesses and gods.
2. How does music influence you?
Music humbles me at times and it gives me inspiration as I write and paint.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I like expressing myself through words and sharing my thoughts with others.
4. How do you get your ideas for it?
They seem to come organically.
5. What do you love about blogging?
Getting interesting comments and matching up images of art and photography to my words.
6. And what do you not love about it?
Getting tapped out.
7. Where did you get the name for your blog?
It just came to me because of the theme of the blog.
8. Where is your favourite place when you need quiet time?
9. Do you connect with Nature and how?
Yes, especially the sea and mountains. I like to be still near both of them and get in touch with their energy and mine.
10. Do you like social media and which is your favourite?
I like social media, especially Twitter.
11. What are you reading at the minute?
“The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society”
And now, here are 11 Questions I am asking those bloggers I Nominated
1. What is your favorite day of the year and why?
2. What fairytale resonates with you the most?
3. What is the most important thing for you to do daily?
4. What do you wish you had more time to do?
5. If money was no object what would you spend your time doing?
6. If you could have one magical ability what would it be?
7. With which animal do you feel those most affinity?
8. Where do you go for inspiration for your blog?
9. If you could have a one-on-one interview with any author, poet or artist, living or deceased, who would you interview?
10. What would you most like to try that you have never done before?
11. Pick one word that sums up your work?
Now, with mixed feelings I present 11 Random Facts about Me. This could possibly me TMI:
1. I learned to drive in my early 30s.
2. I failed my driver’s road test three times and thought I should rethink the driving thing so I almost never got my license.
3. I am as happy on water as on land.
4. I’m not so happy on airplanes.
5. My favorite herb is lavender.
6. I use to climb trees.
7. I plant other things in my garden besides seeds, bulbs, trees, herbs and plants.
8. I love juicy gossip.
9. I idolized my grandma and grandpa.
10. I am a Francophile.
11. I collect/hoard books.
Drum Roll Please: The Blogs I am Nominating for the Liebster Award
These are the blogs I can’t stop thinking about. They interest and intrigue me. I look forward to seeing what each of these bloggers posts for different reasons. I will visit their site every day to find out what they blogged about. I enjoy our conversations. Some of them tickle me while others provoke deep thought and meditations on life. As you shall see, one celebrates music, another the writer’s life, and several others focus around arts and crafts. If you like my blog, these are a few more blogs, with relatively small followings, that you should not hesitate to check out, as soon as you can.
1. Chrys Fey Write with Fey
2. Susan Scott Garden of Eden Blog
3. Sue Kuntz Door 2 Lore: Power of Story Blog
4. Fil Campbell Fil's Place: Old Songs and Memories
6. Conlee Riketts The Brighter Side
7. Vinodini Iyer ifs buts ands etcs
8. Summer Smith Dreamspirations Gallery
9. Renata Butera lilypadheart