Typically summer, since I was a little girl, had to include sun and swimming. This was my plan for this summer. I was to join the pool and do lap swimming at sunrise or sunset. But there was a different plan for me held by the universe. On June 17th I woke up really early and full of energy just a bit after sunrise. I washed the dishes and then headed to the basement to wash some clothes so my son was ready for camp. Well, I missed a step and boy did that cost me. I ended up dislocating my ankle, breaking it in two places and tearing a major ligament. I had to have surgery a week and a half later. This summer has been a mind game. Trying to stay whole and sound while healing. I say a mind game because I have never had to be so still and within myself until this summer, as I had to keep weight off my right foot for weeks and into months. . .sitting down, reading, painting and writing. I can't believe its already August. It's been a while since I've blogged and it feels good to be back. This image I am posting is a tiny ATC and it is called "Lady with Seahorses." I use to raise seahorses and they remind me of magic of the sea, which I am longing to visit as a part of my healing process.
While teaching painting and drawing at the School of the Art Institute, I was always drawn to the Codex Borgia . Sadly, seldom did I actually find ways of incorporating that gorgeous, ancient, illustrated manuscript into my lesson plans. I would just go through the book of images and savor them on my own. Now I understand why it was calling out to me. It is the tool of healers, diviners and scribes--it contains prophesies. It is going to take a while, still, but some day I will understand the lessons it seeks to teach me. Now in "Mama Nature's Spiritual Guide to Weight-loss" as I write, I am finding my book is being fleshed out by Aztec and Mayan deities. They just showed up and wanted in. I find myself questioning their appearance and loving it all at the same time. Pictured above is Aztec Goddess, Xochiquetzal, pronounced Sho-chi-ket-sal. Her name is in the language Nahuatl. The first part Xochitl (flower or to flower) and the second Quetzal (bird of splendid fe...

Love the ATC as I love seahorses and mermaids ~ sending you lots of healing hugs ~ be well soon ~ ( A Creative Harbor)
ReplyDeleteYes, aren't seahorses and mermaids just the best? Thanks for the healing hugs! I need them.
ReplyDelete