Skip to main content

Fast Forward


I have been in fast forward.  I thought when I wrote the previous post about preparing for Imbolc that Imbolc was today, instead of next week.  I had projected forward in time and actually believed the beginning of this week was January 30th.  Then, I woke up this morning sure it was Friday.  What on earth is going on?  My internal clock is usually so accurate that I don’t need to set an alarm.  I guess I just got really excited that a new Sabbat was coming up. Yesterday was a day of positive messages.  I received a great deal of positive feedback about my teaching and my classes from a variety of sources. When something like that happens, not only do I feel great but I take it is a spiritual message. I know messages are sent to us all the time from the realm of the spirit.  It is up to us to interpret them but first we have to slow down long enough to receive these messages. I have been moving fast and in fact I have been projecting myself into the future.  Yesterday was a reminder to slow down, be highly observant and to listen to all that the spirit realm puts in front of me. One of the messages about this that I heard yesterday came through the radio.  An economist was talking about how we need to live in tuned with today.  He said economically we’ve been borrowing from yesterday and tomorrow rather than living within the circumstances of today.  As I listened I was painting.  In the studio I am working the mandala again.  I started two new ones.  They are not ready for showing thus I am not posting an image just yet.  One was created with gouache and it is a disaster.  I will draw over it and re-paint it.  The other is being done in acrylics and I am pleased with it so far.  I drew it primarily using the compass, ruler and the French curve.  I love my French curves. I am using a small and large one.  I am experimenting with all the possibilities they have to offer and there are many. The ruler and compass serve as positioning tools, to center the images derived from the French curve.  Not surprisingly, the image I am working is a continuation of themes I have been working for years.  The mandala is about the magickal energy emanating from plants.  For soul food and inspiration as I work, I have revisited by heart series.  Not quite Valentine’s in spirit, I wanted to see if I could make landscapes out of the single repeated motif of the stylized heart shape. These took many hours to create from colored pencils.  With Valentine’s Day coming up soon it is fun to look at the playful shapes and forms that can be suggested by hearts. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love this stylized hearts piece. It reminded me that I used to do a similar practice with repeated and overlapping circles (there I go with the circles again). Mine was never this pretty though--I can see the hours of colored pencil work in yours. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had fun with the hearts and I can imagine the circles you used would lead to a lot of inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day by leaving a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

A to Z Challenge: A Month of African Proverbs

I'm all in, once again.  This is my third year of participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. This will be an intense spurt of reading and writing for me, as I'm also editing one book and writing another. I will do my best to stay in, and keep up!

For the month of April (2017) I will be blogging and visiting other blogs. This is a fun and meaningful practice that I've taken on to increase conversations with other readers and bloggers. I am always happy to see newcomers and, whether you comment or not, you are welcome.





A Month of African Proverbs
My 2017 theme is drawn from my soon-to-be released book "Earth Mama's Spiritual Guide to Weight Loss." I have a section of my book that contains African Proverbs. I will be spending time on each of those proverbs, exploring their meaning and inspiration regarding losing weight or otherwise transforming yourself.

Here is the definition of the word proverb: (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying…

Live it Like Lucy

So you made a mistake? Now what? Cover it up, fix it or apologize? How about…gasp, accessing the damage, learning what you can and then, moving forward?
I don’t know where you stand with your Judge but mine is ruthless. She looks down her nose at me constantly, worse of all, my Judge is within me, always ready to chirp in, whether I request it or not. I say, as I look forward to this New Year: Judge, you are dismissed! Get lost. Piss off.
I have made a mistake. Is it monumental? No. Will it hurt people? Yes. Most importantly, is it fixable? Yes!
No one likes making mistakes, but they happen. I love the “I Love Lucy Show” (the original, in black and white) because Lucille Ball’s outrageously humorous touch invites us to see mistakes in a funny way. We laugh with her not at her, as she falls into one unexpected dilemma after another. Instead of saying to ourselves: this is terrible; we ‘feel’ in our gut: this is funny!
What if our lives could be the same way? I know it would seem pecul…

2017 Presents a Fresh Start

Oh boy! It's been a while since I've been in this space. Apologies! There are so many things I have to do, want to do, need to do; sometimes blogging has to wait. Other times, like this morning, it calls to me. This morning it said: hey girlfriend, it's blogging time.

I get weird about New Year's. Some years I want to deny it; power through; act like somehow, it didn't happen. This year I am welcoming 2017 by doing my creative rituals, such as writing out intentions, otherwise known as resolutions, and creating a dream board (still in-process).

You've seen me write a lot about the Law of Attraction, and how the Universe is active in our every day lives, listening for our directives. I've seldom seen the Law of Attraction come to life so brilliantly as when I create and post a dream board somewhere in my home. Amazing! Have you created one? What has come from it?

In some ways I think 2016 was a terrible year. I was stuck, looking, waiting, wanting, but...not…