Monday, December 12, 2011

Sun Energy

Typically, I like to rise with the sun.  Today I wasn’t so lucky...ugh, it’s Monday!  Still, I generally work with sun magick and my daily activities revolve around the movements of the sun.  I love doing sun salutations in the morning and then painting in the studio using natural sun light.  In this Mandala called “Sun Energy” I utilized a lot of color theory to try to make a very vibrant painting--I wanted it to vibrate.  I see each of the background Islamic pattern flowers as little suns that give off tremendous healing energy.  I think of the early Egyptians because a large part of their ancient spirituality revolved around sun worship. Today is a day for them—the sun is shining this morning in an eye-piercingly bright manner.  While it is not warming up this cold Illinois weather (it is 29 degrees right now), its majestic presence is very warming to the soul.  I am practicing ways of bringing the sun’s warmth into the home.  I bought some patchouli, something called Aspen flower and a bamboo votive candle for my dining room wall; a lovely green garland; some eucalyptus and bittersweet berries for the hearth.  I have repositioned the white poinsettia which seems to throw off a lot of its own natural light and positive energy. The forced narcissus is starting to bloom, releasing its bright, high frequency scent into the living room.  It is almost otherworldly. I like to work the hearth area and am considering hanging a cadmium red abstract painting over it to bring in a fiery feeling, according to the tenets of feng shui.  In fact, today I will completely re-do the hearth because that is the place from which warmth springs.

1 comment:

  1. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me.
    tucson solar companies

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day by leaving a comment.